Andy is now teaching IN-PERSON lessons at his office at 106 S. Maumee St in Tecumseh. Starting in the fall of 2022, Andy will begin teaching at a church in central Ann Arbor. Please contact me for this opportunity.
I’ve previously taught at the famous Herb David music store downtown, from 1998-2000. As well as OZ’s music, 2015-2020. Here is a portion of my teaching credentials…
I present information in an educational and entertaining way for a living. A high achiever from a young age, I performed in Carnegie Hall at age 19, and was professor at two Universities by age 22 – Siena Heights University and Adrian College. I’ve studied privately with the head of both Julliard’s and Yale’s guitar departments. After 13 years of success teaching at Robb’s Boulder Music, my guitar teaching studio swelled to over 72 students per week. Four of my child students have become national and international acts.
* Sole owner / operator of BeyondGuitar.com since 2007, a successful guitar education website.
* Owner, Ann Arbor and Boulder Suzuki Guitar Studio, teaching kids private lessons.
* Former Member, Board of Directors, Colorado Suzuki Association. 2013-2015.
* Masterclass under Eliot Fisk, Head of New England Conservatory’ Music’s Classical Guitar Program, Hillsdale College, 1995.
* Lived in Sao Paulo Brasil, Rotary Exchange, summer of 1998, studied Samba music performance.
* Lived in Rome Italy, summer of 2002, Resident Solo Artist with the Rome Festival Orchestra.
* Lived in Paris France, through Siena Heights University, summer of 1996, studied Art History and Photography.
* Volunteer Leader for Kid’s StoryTime at The Family Garden, and the Discovery Center.
* My student Jaden Carlson, at age 12, became a national act. Jadensound.com.
* My student Rory Martinelli, at age 16, become a national act. https://www.facebook.com/rory.martinelli
* My student Willow Bellinski, at age 16, became a regional performer and accepted a scholarship to Belmont University.
* My student Johnathon Ballou, at age 16 accepted a scholarship in to Pepperdine University.
* My recordings have been heard on the MTV reality TV show, ‘Catfish’.
* I build hand-cast dollhouse and gothic castle architectural miniatures, and own DrakenStone.com.
*I have published a fantasy novel available on Amazon.
Suzuki Teacher Certification, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Aftereffects and Photoshop, iPhone and Android app development, Performer, Professional Instructor, MAC expert, Composer, Recording Artist, Certified ProTools Operator, Live Sound Engineer, Manager/Agent for Bands, Graphics/Web Design, Licensed Real Estate Agent, Property Management. As a hobby, I also enjoy Astrophotography.
Professional Experience & Accomplishments
Suzuki Method Certified Instructor 2003-2015
Former Member of the Board of Directors of the Colorado Suzuki Association. Taught at Robb’s Boulder Music for 13 years. I have taught music as a full time career for 20 years.
Professor of Music 1997-2003
Siena Heights University and Adrian College. Taught college students in classes and individually. I feel comfortable presenting information to crowds in an entertaining and engaging way.
Sole Owner / Operator of BeyondGuitar.com 2005-Present
Currently running every aspect of a video guitar lesson business, started from the ground up. I sell lesson videos that customers watch on their computer screen. In its tenth year, the business is profitable. I an- swer requests and build a returning community one customer at a time.
Independent Recording Artist for MTV and E! Networks 2012-Present
Through the agent Taxi.com, and a contract with DeFacto Publishing, recordings I have created are li- censed for use on reality TV shows. Watch the show “Catfish” to hear my music.
Realtor, Property Manager 2005-Present
I closed 24 deals in 24 months as a Realtor. I currently own SchillerPropertyManagement.com. I currently own three rental properties. I have “fixed-and-flipped” three other homes. Photos and videos of my tile- work, wood floor installs, construction, remodeling, and interior design can be seen on Facebook.com/TheAcousticAgent.com.
BA Degree, Electronic Music. Siena Heights University, Graduated Cum Laude, 1997. Awarded Presidential Scholarship. Awarded Outstanding student in Music Department 1995 & 1996, Outstanding student in Arts Division 1997. Offered a teaching position the day of graduation.
MA program, University of Toledo. Major: Orchestration, 1998-2000. GPA: 3.2. Credits: 20. Awarded scholarship by Graduate School to study tuition-free. *My published orchestral works used on major network TV shows are equivalent experience to a Masters Level Degree in Orchestration.
MA program, University of Denver 2005-2010. GPA: 3.75. Credits: 43. Studied privately with Ricardo Iznaola, head of classical guitar program for 5 years. *My performances as a featured soloist with the Adrian Symphony and the Rome Festival Orchestra are equivalent experience to a Masters Level Degree in Performance.
Cleveland Conservatory of Music. Studied Privately under Jason Vieux, Head of Cleveland Conservatory of Music’s Classical Guitar Program, 2001.
Julliard Conservatory of Music. Studied Privately under Sharon Isbin, Head of Julliard’s Classical Guitar Program, Aspen Music Festival Solo Artist, 2003.
Yale University. Studied Privately under Benjamin Verdery, Head of Yale’s Classical Guitar Program, Hawaii Music Festival Solo Artist, 2005.
Honorary Doctorate Degree Granted, Los Angeles Development Church and Institute, 2017. My performance, composition, and recording of Gospel Music has resulted in nomination and acceptance of an award, recognizing a lifetime of service.
Recordings and Performances
* Owned and operated the record label Omega 13 Records.
* Formed the band Boulder Acoustic Society in 2003: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uEjTz4GFAg
* Recorded and Produced Delisco (see him on The Entertainer) through Fluid Rhythm Entertainment.
* Managed the Band “The Caustic Pop”, one of the top ten unsigned bands in the USA, according to Musician Magazine, 1999. Recorded and edited their first video.
* Adrian Symphony Orchestra, Soloist, Vivaldi’s Concerto in D, December 8th and 15th, 2002. This concert was re-broadcast on WTGE FM91 Radio Detroit Christmas Day:
* Rome Festival Orchestra Resident Solo Artist, Rome Italy, July 2002. Under direction of Maestro
Fritz Maraffii, lived in Rome rehearsing and performing weekly concerts. Studied Under St. Cecilia Conservatory Guitarist Stephan Traini.
* Carnegie Hall, Hayden’s Mass in Time of War, John Rutter Conductor, April 1996. Siena Heights University Madrigal Group, in association with Mid-America Productions.